Saturday, 7 June 2014

Dinosaur small world

The boys have been playing with our dinosaurs quite a lot recently so I thought I'd set up a little small world for them. I haven't done one of these for ages!
This didn't cost me anything to set up and took about 30 minutes in total. Along with our dinosaurs and some greenery that came with them, the tub contains a fake grass base, a box covered in tissue paper for a house(with shredded paper inside), some stones collected from the garden, a kitchen roll tube tunnel, some volcano's made from an egg box and a small tupperware dish of water coloured blue.


I was pretty pleased with how it turned out and it seemed the boys were too! They enjoyed exploring the grass and stones and Seb made stories with the dinosaurs. Alex likes making the dinosaurs roar and giving them baths, he also watched everything that Seb was doing and imitated him both in actions and by trying to copy words.



The most played with parts were probably the water and also the cardboard tube which was originally a tunnel but became a slide down into the water.

 This is still set up and being played with, it's reminded me how much fun small world play can be!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading :)
I love comments!